Former student work critique

 Hey bloggers, today I will be watching former students film openings. I am excited to see these wonderful films and I hope that some of these films will inspire me and my group on our own opening. While watching these amazing openings, I will seeing their strengths and weaknesses and how they could have improved to feel more like a true Hollywood movie opener. 


Roll Call:  The film's opening masterfully leverages cinematic elements to heighten suspense and foreshadows its police-centric narrative. The strategic use of a cop car in the nocturnal setting amplifies the tension. I also noticed that when they were showing mugshots, they used lowkey lighting to show the seriousness of the film. In this film, the utilization of handcuffs further shows that this film will be police related and they has been a major crime scene. On thing that would make this film better would be, fixing the steadiness of the camera. The excessive movement can distract you form this film other than that, this was a pretty good opening film,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ7L6NoW98c Links to an external site.



New Everything: In this film, I really like the day in the life feel it has to it. This is probably one of the most uniques film openings i've seen since there is little to no dialogue at all. The wipe transition from when he opened the door to the school was pretty good. It showed us that he is going to a new location. Moreover, the moment he put the headphone on, music started playing, I also thought that was pretty cool. I wished the moment he put the headphones away, there could've been a little bit of dialogue, The no dialogue in that moment of the scene kind of makes it boring. At end when the teacher introduced him as the new student it made everything make sense. The reason for the no dialogue was because he was a new kid and he didn't know anything. All in all, this was a very unique film 



Dreamland: In this opening, I thought it was very interesting. One of the first things that caught my mind was the color of the film. I thought it was cool how she reversed the video in some shots to make it seem like she's using telekinesis to pick the flowers up. For the next part of this film opening was pretty cool as well. I really enjoyed the jumpsuits of her stealing items in the store. Her stealing, makes you think why does she need all these items and why is she going to do with them. Overall, this film was pretty good and the quality was terrific. 



Dear Lover: To start off, I really like the instrumental music that is being played in the beginning and the nature shots that was taken. It really gives off a beginning of a film vibe. I really like the voice over with the flashback when she started talking about her girlfriend, I believe that part was very creative. I love the scenery in this film. I feel like it matches the whole entire mood that is trying to be perceived in this film. All in all, I believe that this was a really good opening film. 



Dare to thrill: Out of all the the former students film, this is my favorite. This is one of the films that you can never get tired of. The thrill and excitement you can get from this film opening is incredible. The music is so upbeat and I really liked how they synchronized him turning up the volume making the music louder. The different shots of the car turning and people laughing cause of excitement makes this film opening really fun to watch. With all the excitement happening I was intrigued by the twist at the end when they opened the trunk. They all seemed terrified by what they saw, now the mood went from excitement to suspenseful and curious. 



Comments